Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pinned it, Made it! Monday ~ Week 26 ~

 
It's that time again.......Pinned it, Made it Monday time! 
 
This week I'm sharing a quick and easy recipe that I found from a friend through Pinterest.  It's a grilled cheese.....it's pizza......it's Pizza Grilled Cheese!  :)
 
Here's the original pin:
 
Original Source:  Forkful of Comfort
Pizza Grilled Cheese

(These are ingredients for 2 sandwiches).  

4 slices bread
butter
4 slices mozzarella cheese
pepperoni (cut in half or mini)
Italian seasoning or basil
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Pizza Sauce (for dipping)


Warm a medium/large skillet over medium heat.  Butter each piece of bread on one side.  When skillet is hot place a piece of bread butter side down on the skillet, then add one slice of cheese and small shake of Italian seasoning or basil (add a small shake of parmesan cheese here too if desired).  Top with a desired amount of pepperonis  (8-10 whole regular pepperonis per sandwich).  If any other toppings are desired, add now.  Add another slice of mozzarella and top with slice bread butter side up. 

Repeat with second sandwich.  When bottom slice is golden brown, then flip over carefully.  Once both sides are brown remove from pan.  Cut and serve with pizza sauce if desired.



And here's ours:

 

**Note from Tammy** I also added a little oregano to mine as well.  And dipping into the pizza sauce makes this wonderful!

This is something I'll definitely make again.  It was good!  I didn't add the full 8-10 pepperonis because it just seemed like too much, but Jason asked me to add more next time.  I think kids and adults alike would like this and it is a nice quick and easy dinner!


I hope you can join me this week in sharing something you've pinned and created from Pinterest.


To participate in Pinned it, Made it! Monday, here are the guidelines:

1) Just do a post about what you’ve pinned and made from Pinterest, then come back over here to Country Girl at Home and link that particular post (not your blog in general) on this post below.


2) I don’t mind if you link up more than one post….multiple entries are fine.

3) You must add my Pinned it, Made it! Monday button on your post or sidebar of your blog linking back to Country Girl at Home. You may get this button code on the page at the top of my blog labeled “Buttons”. Just copy and paste the code into your post.

4) Be supportive and visit blog entries. I do ask that you visit at least one and leave a comment there. And don't forget to leave me one here! :) We all love comments, don’t we? It’s encouraging and uplifting!

5) By linking up and participating, you give me permission to use your entry photo if I decide to feature your entry.


***************************************
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great week!  :)



   

 

13 comments:

April said...

I'd say that would be perfect on a cold, blistery day...or any day, for that matter! Thanks, Tammy!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I have this pinned too. I need to make them and have a coupon for Pepperoni this week. I know my "guys" would all like this.

Wendi said...

Oh my those look good. Megan loves pepperoni. I will be trying these soon. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I have everything I need to make these. Thanks so much; they look delicious.

Jan - Life on Buttermilk Hill said...

My son lived on pizza sandwiches for 2 years...virtually every day for lunch...while in college. Sometimes it's best for moms not to know what kids do while at college! ;)

LynnMarie said...

Oh That looks Good! And I can make it with low carb bread. Cheese and meats are already low carb. Oh yes, Thank you for dinner tonight.

Joy ~ Doodlebug ~ said...

Mama,

Grilled cheese pizza....definitely something different, but it was good, wasn't it? :)

Love you! 8!

Love,
Joy :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Ann said...

We've made those before. Yummy!

Unknown said...

LOVE this linky party! I have been on a Pinterest recipe review kick for a couple weeks! I'm a new follower and glad I found you!
When you have time, stop by my blog as well so we can be blogging buddies (I hope!)
www.wonderfulathome.blogspot.com

Trace4J said...

Oh yummy.
I could so go for one now.
Loved Joys cake.
Woolie Hugs
Trace

Allison said...

Hi Tammy-- My children would love those sandwiches!

Unknown said...

Hey Tammy! I was stopping by to see how the party was going! Ill come back tomorrow and link some more of my pins that I've tried. If you get a chance, stop by my linky party and link up some of yours as well! Here's the URL, take care sweety!
http://wonderfulathome.blogspot.com/2013/02/the-most-creative-week-linky-party.html?m=1